Do you want to slow down the aging process through nutrition? To do this, it’s enough to reduce the consumption of 6 groups of foods.
3 Rules of Youth
Aging is a natural process that cannot be reversed. But a healthy lifestyle, avoiding psycho-emotional overload and eating a balanced diet will help maintain excellent physical shape and natural beauty. Nutritionists recommend the following rules to slow down the aging process:
- Eat a balanced diet: get proteins, fats, carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins from foods.
- Burn as many calories as you get. This serves as a prevention of diseases associated with being overweight.
- Get plenty of rest. Many metabolic processes take place in the body while we sleep. Superficial poor quality sleep worsens the nervous system and causes weight problems. So even if you want to play at a secure internet casino at 2 am, postpone this activity until weekends.
It’s equally important to reduce consumption of foods that accelerate aging.
What Foods Accelerate Aging?
- Sugar. First, you should avoid (or limit) the consumption of foods that contain sugar. Not only chocolate, candy, cookies and cakes but also juices, sauces, yogurts – foods high in “hidden sugar”.
- Fried foods. KFC wings, fries, and battered fish are dangerous with trans fats. Once in the body, they impair blood flow to the skin. As a result, the skin isn’t well nourished, loses its elasticity, becomes dull, and rashes appear. Trans fats are also found in margarine and factory-made frosting.
- Alcohol. Ethyl alcohol has several negative effects. First, it retains water and leads to edema, obstructing the movement of lymph. Secondly, the products of its decomposition are toxic and cause poisoning (symptoms: headache, thirst, deterioration of the skin and hair, gastrointestinal disorders). Thirdly, the systematic use of alcohol destroys the liver and the central nervous system, causing accelerated aging.
- Salt. A lot of salt is contained in chips, crackers, and smoked foods. Once in the body, it changes the water-salt balance, which requires drinking a lot of fluids. As a result, the load on the kidneys increases, edema is formed. Even a single consumption of large amounts of salty food worsens the appearance: the face becomes puffy, the skin sharply marked wrinkles. You shouldn’t give up salt completely, but you should cut down on its intake.
- Semi-finished meat products. Preservatives can be a heavy burden on the body. They are difficult to process, and they also reduce the synthesis of vitamin C, which is involved in collagen production. It’s better to replace sausages and sausage with quality red meat, poultry.
- Caffeine. In small amounts, it tones the body, stimulates the gallbladder, and according to some studies, reduces the risk of diabetes. But its excessive consumption leads to early aging.
What Foods Help Maintain Youth?
There are plenty of such foods. Include them in your diet:
- Olive oil.
- Green tea (but not too strong, as it also has caffeine).
- Leafy green vegetables: spinach, cabbage.
- Fatty fish: trout, salmon, salmon.
But the most important thing you can do to maintain youth and beauty is to make a balanced diet, taking into account the peculiarities of your body.